Discover How We Built Our Tiny Home Named Lucy
When we first started building our tiny house we did not expect to fall in love quite this deeply. Yes, we thought we'd like our little building on wheels - but we weren't expecting to love it!
The purpose of Lucy was to be our home while we saved for, designed and built our strawbale home. We moved into Lucy in December 2013 and we've been living happily in our little green home ever since. We love living in Lucy and so does our new addition - our little baby Hazel. The aim is to be in our strawbale house before we give her any brothers and sisters :)
When we first started building our tiny trailer house - most people were skeptical. But that quickly changed once they saw the finished product. Lucy feels spacious, comfortable and welcoming. We often get the response "Wow! I could live here!"
Below are the archives showing the progression of our tiny trailer house "Lucy"
- Our final floor plan... We Loooove it!
- Framing our tiny house
- Cladding Windows and doors (WOW!)
- Tiny House Moving Day!
- How to select a trailer for your tiny house - or - check out the trailers we can source...
- How to design storage stairs for your tiny house
- Our tiny house cost breakdown
- Pictures of lucy after we've been living in her for a year
- Our verdict on bucket toilets - One year on...
- Our tiny house plans!
Share Your Tiny House Project!
Are you building a tiny house? We would love to hear about it! Whether you are already finished or just getting started - share your story here!